Getting worried about the smallest things when you’re pregnant is only normal. You always want the best for the baby inside you. And so any small problem in any part of the body can trigger a thousand questions in the mind.
For instance, if you suffer a toothache while you’re pregnant, you might wonder if it’s even safe to go to a dentist in Glendale at this time. Is it really necessary to get a prenatal dental check-up done now or should you wait until delivery?
These questions are only natural to occur to a pregnant woman. Dr. Sahakyan, the best dentist in Glendale, has answers to them too. To begin with, his advice to all would-be-moms is to definitely go for dental care checkups during pregnancy. He suggests that it’s, in fact, great for the health of the developing baby.
Any small dental problem at this time could trigger serious implications later on, which Dr. Sahakyan says might impact the growing baby too. Any acute or chronic gum disease like Gingivitis, for example, needs immediate medical attention. Don’t delay it simply because you’re pregnant.
Ensuring Dental Check-Up Security When Pregnant
It’s absolutely safe to visit your dentist in Glendale during pregnancy. However, if you still have qualms about it, here’s what you should do:
- Tell Your Dentist About Your Pregnancy: Your Glendale dentist deserves to know your condition before he suggests any line of treatment for a problem. This would help him prescribe the right drugs at this time and also help put his worry to rest.
- Understand Your Risks – When you go for a dental checkup in Glendale, Dr. Sahakyan would help you get an idea about the risks involved during pregnancy. Because of the change in hormones at this time, you could be at high risk to develop Gingivitis. Taking care of oral hygiene and visiting the Glendale dentist regularly would help you stay healthy for your baby.
- Maintain Oral Hygiene – Dr. Sahakyan recommends brushing twice and flossing at least once a day can keep dental problems at bay. This is particularly important during pregnancy when you might develop a strong liking for sweet snacks.
- Always Take Prescribed Medicine Only – Pregnancy is not the time to take a chance with your health or that of your baby. Visit Dr. Sahakyan at Glendale dental office and seek advice on any medicine that you should take for toothache or infection.
- All Dental Procedures Are Safe – You need not worry about the local anesthesia administered during dental procedures when you’re pregnant. They are absolutely safe for both you and your baby. So are the dental X-Rays performed too? In fact, if you tell during a dental checkup in Glendale that you’re pregnant, they will shield your abdomen from X-ray radiation.
Importance Of Prenatal Dental Care Check-Up
It is as important as your regular obstetric check-up. Any dental issue such as tooth decay or infection at this time could have serious implications on your baby’s health. Besides that, these things shouldn’t delay until a few months after. It’s therefore absolutely necessary to get in touch with your dentist and get it fixed.
Most importantly, your dentist at Glendale dental office would regularly assess your oral hygiene standards. Avoiding sugary snacks, taking a healthy and well-balanced diet, and more of dairy and protein is a must. Not only do they help keep your teeth healthy but also help develop strong teeth and bones for your baby.
Call Dr. Sahakyan today at 818-578-2324 for a prenatal dental care appointment.