Dental braces are not new to us. These are extremely popular tools that help us to have perfectly shaped teeth. Whether you have crooked teeth, a gap between teeth or you have misaligned teeth, braces fix these all. Braces not only correct the structure of our teeth and make our smile more pleasant, but they also improve general health as well by improving oral health too. To know about Glendale Braces, you can go through our website https://smilemakeoverofla.com.
Now, the big question is if we at all clean our teeth while we wear braces or not. Truly speaking, it is not comfortable but a must thing to do. There can be serious consequences if we do not clean our teeth while wearing braces.
What Are the Issues That One May Face for Not Cleaning Teeth While Wearing Braces?
There are a few things that we should know before understanding the consequences that a patient may face for not cleaning his teeth. For the best results, a patient needs to wear braces for 2 to 3 years depending on the dental condition. Moreover, the patient cannot remove the braces until and unless the treatment is over. Now, you can guess the effects if you left your teeth unclean for such a long period. In an aim to better the structure of your teeth, you can end up with severe teeth infection, and even teeth fall. Hence, your dental treatment with braces will be a failure. In addition to this, you may need to opt for costlier treatments like dental implants and other complicated treatments. Again, as mentioned earlier that cleaning our teeth may not be comfortable while wearing braces but yes we can do it and we must do it. There are a few basic things that one must do for cleaning teeth while wearing braces. Let us discuss this.
How to Clean Your Teeth While You Wear Dental Braces?
- Bush your teeth gently and regularly: It is important that you clean your teeth regularly with a soft toothbrush and do not use force to avoid damage to the braces. It is better if you can brush your teeth after having your meal, or brush twice a day minimum.
- Clean your mouth with medicated and trusted products only: Use products like toothpaste, toothbrush, and mouthwash from reputed brands only. Always consult your dentist and try to use the products they prescribe.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Avoid eating hard food items. Skip junk food and desserts or any items that have too much sugar element. Avoid drinking alcohol which can affect your dental health.
- Quit smoking: Smoking is not only bad for your general health but it damages dental health as well. So dentists will suggest you quit smoking for the best results.
- Practice using floss: It will be good if you start using floss to clean hidden food elements from teeth and gums. Now, using floss is not easy while wearing braces but a little practice will help you to develop this habit too.
- Consults your dentist: Do not forget to visit the dentist for regular checkups. Professionals can help you clean your teeth medically for better results if needed.
Besides, you must be honest with yourselves and need to be committed to your treatment. A simple mistake can delay the overall treatment.
To sum up:
There are no excuses that you can give for not cleaning your teeth. It is essential for overall dental health and for having a healthy life as well. For Dentist Glendale, or any other orthodontic support you can call our expert Dr. Sahakyan at 818-578-2334.