Dental cleaning is important to maintain healthy oral hygiene. Doctors at Glendale dental clinic advise getting it done at least twice a year to prevent tooth infections or gum disease. This post is intended to inform you all about the dental cleaning procedure in Glendale.
What Is Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning, or teeth cleaning simply, is a rather short and easy process carried out by your dentist in Glendale. It is usually done to remove plaque or tartar from the teeth. Your dentist would do this to ensure that your teeth don’t decay. Most important, he would want to prevent any occurrence of cavities, gingivitis, or periodontal disease.
How Important Is Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning helps maintain oral hygiene. But besides that, there are a few reasons you should consider getting tooth cleaning done by your dentist in Glendale.
- Whiter Smile: Cleaning your teeth can help remove stains from them, leaving a whiter and brighter smile on your face.
- Prevent Gum Abscess: Dental cleaning is important to help prevent gum infections or diseases resulting from gradual tooth decay.
- Reduces Risk Of Oral Cancer: According to research, maintaining good oral hygiene can lower the chances of developing oral cancer later in life.
- Routine Check On Dental Restorations: Regular tooth cleaning sitting gives your Glendale dentist a chance to check on any broken fillings or crowns and fix them.
Types Of Dental Cleaning
There are three kinds of tooth-cleaning procedures that you may choose from during your dental checkup in Glendale.
- Prophylaxis – This is a regular dental cleaning procedure carried out by Dr. Sahakyan at Smile Makeover of LA clinic. He advises getting this done as a 6-month routine to avoid any serious dental problems. The procedure helps remove teeth stains and plaque build-up.
- Scaling And Root Planing – This one is a deep dental cleaning process that Dr. Sahakyan might advise at your dental checkup in Glendale. It is done as part of an early-stage treatment of gum disease. Therefore, the process focuses on the removal of tartar build-up.
- Debridement – If you haven’t visited a dentist for more than a year, you might need this. Debridement is not dental cleaning; it’s a procedure to eliminate the thick accumulation of plaque and tartar on your teeth. Visit the best dentist in Glendale, Dr. Sahakyan to consult if you need Debridement.
What Happens During Dental Cleaning?
It is important to remember that tooth cleaning is very normal practice at the Glendale dental clinic. Most important, it’s vital for your teeth because they need to stay healthy as you age.
This is how your expert dentist, Dr. Sahakyan, would carry out tooth cleaning during your dental checkup in Glendale.
- Step 1 – Physical Exam
Your Glendale dentist would begin with assessing your whole mouth. He would do so by running around a small mirror around the teeth and gums.
- Step 2 – Plaque Removal
In case the dentist notices a problem, he would recommend getting a dental cleaning done at the earliest. This is where he would work on removing plaque and tartar build-up from your teeth and gum lining.
- Step 3 – Gritty Brushing
After removing plaque, the dentist at Glendale would use an electric brush to clean your teeth. This might produce a grinding noise but it’s important for thorough cleaning.
- Step 4 – Mouth Rinse
You are now ready to rinse your mouth with liquid fluoride to let go of any leftover debris.