A smile has a lot of impact on defining a person’s personality. Only good teeth help to bring that smile to our faces. But to have good teeth, we need to maintain them, or else the teeth can have infections and can get damaged. So, one of the common issues that we can face from not taking care of our teeth is dental plaque.
What Is a Plaque?
A dental plaque is usually a yellow sticky layer that is formed above and below the gum line. This yellow layer, in general, accumulates because of oral bacteria. If we do not take proper measures to chuck it out, our teeth can get damaged, crooked, and finally fall.
Hence, it is absolutely important that we keep our teeth clean to avoid serious dental fatigue.
If we notice anything similar to that, then without any delay we must consult a dentist.
Why Do We Get Affected by Plaque?
There could be an end number of reasons for dental plaque. The main problem is ignorance. We often ignore the importance of our teeth when we have them. In fact, we become serious only after we lose a tooth or a set of teeth.
The main reasons behind the plaque are as follows:
- Not cleaning our teeth properly and on a regular basis
- Consume excessive quantity of unhealthy junk foods and food that contains a lot of sugar
- Addicted to smoking
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Over-consuming stress relief pills etc.
Now, we know the probable causes of getting affected by plaque. But, how do we know if we have dental plaque?
- Yellowish layer around our teeth both above and below the gum line
- Bad breath
- Swollen gum line
- Gums start bleeding after brushing the teeth
If you still ignore this issue and don’t take preventive actions, then you may have severe oral complications.
Can We Prevent Plaque?
The answer is yes. It’s very much possible if we can take the necessary measures:
- Clean our teeth regularly by using a soft toothbrush twice a day
- Use branded and medicated mouthwash to avoid germs and bacteria
- Consume healthy and nutritious food with less sugar
- Flossing daily to clean food particles that get stuck in teeth gaps
- Consulting dentist
- Chewing sugar-free gums that are approved by American Dental Association or ADA.
However, if you are planning to visit a Glendale Dental Plaque consultant, you can contact Dr. Sahakyan at Smile Makeover, LA.
The Consequences of Ignoring Plaque!
- Severe tooth and gum infection
- Fall of teeth
- Low confidence with a badly affected personality
- Deal with depression, etc.
- Pain in gum areas and teeth
- Sensitive teeth problems
If you aren’t facing any issues, it doesn’t mean that you don’t have dental plaque. However, you may not be aware of the problem. So, it’s always better that we follow all the required steps that prevent us from getting affected by dental plaque.
However, if we can feel the issue, by means of pain, gum bleeding, etc. we must not hesitate to consult a dentist. Only a dentist can suggest proper medications and guide us to maintain strong and healthy teeth. Even if you do not notice any of the warning signs, get your mouth inspected by the dentist at regular intervals.
At Smile Makeover of LA, we help you to get rid of all dental problems. So, we always recommend you have a prior appointment by contacting us at 818-578-2334.